RE: [Exim] stats generation

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Walsh
To: 'Ingvarr Zhmakin', exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] stats generation
Depends on what statistics you want. I have our system set up to regularly
count the number of messages received and delivered since the main log file
was created (which is normally just before midnight when exicyclog is run)
as well as the number of messages failed because of being RBL blacklisted or
containing executable attachments/viruses and the number of messages still
in the queue. These counts are written to a file so that:

a) When the script is next run (currently every 15 mins) it can calculate
the number of messages received/delivered/rejected/on queue in the
intervening period and

b) The values can be used by another program (in our case Cricket - see
http://cricket.sourceforge.net) to produce a graphical output (which has
daily/weekly/yearly graphs)

Paul Walsh

Senior Systems Administrator, IT Services,
University of Central England, BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5708    Fax: +44 (0)121 356 2875