[Exim] incorrect host reported in HELO

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] incorrect host reported in HELO
I'm trying to send a message to someone who uses hotmail. I get the
following in my logs :

2002-01-04 00:00:02 16MEJn-0000Wf-00 Remote host mx01.hotmail.com
        [64.4.55.71] closed connection after HELO localhost

(for all of the MX hosts exim tries). I decided to test it with
telnet, and "EHLO dman.ddts.net" is accepted, but neither "EHLO
localhost" nor "HELO localhost" is accepted. I've looked at my
config, but I don't see why exim is reporting itself as 'localhost'.

The only line in exim.conf that mentions localhost is
    local_domains = <, dman.ddts.net , localhost

I reversed the original order thinking that perhaps exim reports
itself as the first one. I also tried it without the 'localhost'
entry.

How do I tell exim what to report itself as in the EHLO/HELO greeting?

TIA,
-D

--

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.