Re: [Exim] Re: SMTP banner

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: SMTP banner
Quoth Miquel van Smoorenburg on Thu, Jan 03, 2002:
> In article <20020103130544.D17638@???>,
> Vadim Vygonets <vadik-exim@???> wrote:
> >But is the SMTP banner logged anywhere?
>
> Well no but it shows up if you telnet to the SMTP port.
>
> >Local time is logged in
>
> Yes but you do not know *when* it was logged if the clock of the
> remote system is not NTP synchronized. And you can check that fact
> by telnetting to the smtp port of the remote system, if it shows
> the date in the smtp banner that is.

Point. You are right, of course, it's useful for these
misconfigurations.

Just today I found out via Received: headers that one of my home
machines was not running ntpd. Isn't it ironic?

Vadik.

--
The Abrams' Principle:
    The shortest distance between two points is off the wall.