Re: [Exim] Solaris 8 - setsockopt(SO_KEEPALIVE) on connectio…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter.Benie
To: exim-users
CC:
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Solaris 8 - setsockopt(SO_KEEPALIVE) on connection from XX failed: Invalid argument
In article <20020102160140.G97174@???> you write:
>On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:55:51PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Kevin Reed wrote:
>> > I have found this only occurs when probing the system with nmap for
>> > both applications. Normal connections, dont do this.
>> I don't know about nmap. My guess is that it somehow runs the programs
>> with connections that don't behave in the same way as normal sockets.
>
>AIUI nmap can try various things that are not expected in normal TCP, and
>it has its own raw implementation that builds up the TCP packets, rather
>than going through the system, so it may not support all the options and
>option negotiation.

All SO_KEEPALIVE has to do is to set a flag in the kernel's socket
structure and start a timer; no network traffic is required, no
options need to be set.

My guess is that the between accepting the connection and calling
setsockopt, the connection was closed or aborted, and the error is
being reported in an unhelpful way.

Peter