Re: [Exim] SMTP banner

Página Inicial
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP banner
"Dave C." <djc@???> probably said:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > I think you need to, at least, allow for $primary_hostname to be
> > omitted. I'm not a fan of security by obscurity either, but I have

Exim allows for everything to be ommitted - that's what configuration
files are for.

> Keep in mind this is only the *default* - individual sites will
> still be able to set it to anything that want.

and the facts that 1) the hostname there is recommended/required (I
forget which) by RFCs as has already been pointed out, and 2) that
hostname should be the same as the reverse DNS for an IP on the
machine (most machines only have one) anyway, so where is the
obscurity ?

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@???                 pir-sig@???