Re: [Exim] Arrgh! Spammers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Stephen Woodbridge
Cc: exim list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Arrgh! Spammers
Actually, this isnt/wasnt a bug. I beleive it was written that way (some
time ago) to allow for older clients which didnt support the Referrer
concept. (Eg, Netscape 1.x... Old versions of Mosiac).. These are all
ancient now, so adjusting formmail to reject the absence of a referrer
is just fine.

However, referrer is something which you trust the client to specify
correctly. It would be a trivial thing for an ill-intentioned client
(eg, a spammer) to supply/forge a valid referrer, for instance, your
sites primary web site address. It just so happens that the current
'spam tool' out there does not do so. Once enough formmail sites close
that off, they (the spam tool authors) will presumably write a new one
that supplies a referrer.

The only _right_ way to do security on anything that sends email from a
web HTTP form POSTing, is to severely limit what addresses it can mail
*TO*, for instance, by making and mainting a list of authorized
recpients. When a customer wants to add a form to their site, they have
to have the desired recipient address added to your list..