Re: [Exim] Header Data

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Header Data
On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 09:17:53AM -0500, Joseph Kezar wrote:
| I'll tell you what I did now.
| Let me know if this is the correct way of finding the envelope-sender.:
| cat /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep 16M8YJ-0006ut-00(messageid from a SPAM
| email)
| proves:
| 2002-01-03 09:09:05 16M8YJ-0006ut-00 <= opt-in@???
| H=(mx2.state.vt.us) [170.222.64.130] P=esmtp S=6091
| id=20020103135240.24285.qmail@???

| I am strongly guessing 'opt-in@???' is the
| envelope-sender.
| And this is the sender that needs to be added to my /usr/exim/rejectlist
| Am I correct?

I think so. Alternatively you can use the following in a filter file :

if "${lookup {${local_part:$header_From:}@${domain:$header_From:}} lsearch {$home/util/mailfilter/spam-from} {Spam} }" is "Spam" then
    logwrite "    spam : ${local_part:$header_From:}@${domain:$header_From:}"
    seen finish
endif

where $home/util/mailfilter/spam-from is the file containing spammer
addresses. The problem with that technique is it only looks for exact
matches, not regexp matches (which is why I extract just the address
from the header). I also have a script and a macro for mutt to record
additional addresses in that list by pressing a single button. If
anyone is interested in that I'll send it to them.

-D

--

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.