Re: [Exim] Lost E-Mails founded

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Oliver Egginger
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Lost E-Mails founded
On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> We using Exim 3.33.
> On our system are data files without header files.

There were a couple of reports of this on the list not long before
Christmas. We never found out what the cause of the problem was. What
operating system are you using?

> Sixteen since the 10. december.
> Two of them are empty.
> The other Fourteen looks like normal data files.
> There are no registrations with a corresponding message ID
> in the exim logfiles.

The only way I can imagine that this could happen is for a process or
system crash while Exim is creating a -D file as it reads a message. I
spent some time looking at the code in accept.c, trying to figure out
where such a crash might happen, but I did not succeed.

> Is there a possibility to send the
> data before the header information ?

The data file is written first. The header information is held in main
memory until the data file is complete. Then the header information is
written to a temporary file which is renamed as the -H file.

I would very much like to pin down what is happening here, but I'm
afraid that so far I haven't been able to.

Philip