Re: [Exim] hiding the internal list exploder

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] hiding the internal list exploder
On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, Randy Bush wrote:

>     majordomo_int:
>       driver = aliasfile
>       file = /usr/local/majordomo/lists/majordomo.int.db
>       search_type = dbm
>       file_transport = mlist_file
>       pipe_transport = address_pipe
>       user = lserv
>       group = majordom
>       condition="{if eq ($received_protocol} {local} {true} {false} }"

> and i get some very strange behavior
>
>     rcpt to: idn-data@???
>     250 <idn-data@???> verified                   -- yikes!!!!!

Verification works because at verification time, there is no received
protocol set, and so the director above works.

I assume that only Majordomo should be allowed to send to idn-data? If
so, you never want it to verify, assuming that Majordomo is not using
SMTP to send the mail - and it isn't if you're expecting the incoming
protocol to be "local".

So I think you can just add

verify = no

to the majordomo_int director.

If you test using -bh instead of telnet, you'll get more debugging
output which tells you a bit more about how the tests are being run.

Philip