Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system

Top Pagina
Auteur: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system
On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 10:38:07AM -0500, Derek Broughton wrote:
[stuff]

OK, I think there's a fundamental disagreement[1] here, which we're not
going to sort out in a flamewar, and I don't really want one anyway.

[1] Probably classable as "religious".

Derek claims that it is OK to speak SMTP, without bothering to implement
what he sees as effective impedimenta of actually implementing SMTP
properly.

I claim that the only time that you should be using the SMTP command
set to an MTA is when you implement the *entire* SMTP protocol (by which
I mean all of the MUSTs and as many of the SHOULDs as necessary etc.)

I suspect we are going to disagree on this, and the existence of
MTA-less boxes doesn't, IMHO, strengthen Derek's point for me. I still
see what is happening as "wrong" for some value of wrong. However, I
will not clutter up your mailboxes with repeated arguments for this.

MBM