Re: [Exim] Problem with non ASCII caracters

Top Pagina
Auteur: Torsten Mueller
Aan: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Problem with non ASCII caracters
Hello,
(and a happy new year,)

"Dave C." schrieb:

> See below.

> Aha, here might be the nitty gritty of it:
>
> > MYSQL query: SELECT DISTINCT domain FROM mail WHERE domain
> > LIKE 'bloopark.de' AND username LIKE 'infó' AND
> > is_alias='no'
> > MYSQL using cached connection for
> > localhost/popaccounts/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx
> > lookup yielded: bloopark.de
>
> Your MYSLQ is doing a query in the "mail" table, WHERE
>
> domain LIKE 'bloopark.de'
> and
> username LIKE 'infó'
>
> and that query is SUCCEEDING!, which results in exim accepting mail for
> that address (and delivering it as configured)
>
> **

agree with you

> Apparently either
>
> You actually have an entry in that table with that username,

no, there is only info , not infó

> -- If this is the case find the offending row and delete it
>
> -OR-
>
> your MYSQL's 'LIKE' comparison considers those characters to match
>
> -- If this is the case, you might want to consider using a more definate
> comparison than 'LIKE' (such as 'EQUALS' or = or ==, whatever the right
> syntax is)

i agree, that would be better, but i don't know which
comparison would be better:
if i would take = , then infó would rejected, but InFo also
(didn't we have a thread about capitalisation in the last
month ?)

Is ó a correct character for an email address ?

If it isn't i think it would be better to reject this
receiver address before asking, if it
is a local part of a domain (which succeeds in my case).

> Either that, or instead of selecting only the domain, select also the
> username and use that instead of the input local_part when delivering,
> at least that way the mail will be deivered to the file as described in
> the db table, rather than the non-ascii one.

Thanks Torsten