[Exim] Re: Arrgh! Spammers

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim list
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Arrgh! Spammers
+++ Stephen Woodbridge [exim-users] <01/01/02 23:03 -0500>:
> But tonight I was checking my httpd server logs and notice that some
> agents have been hitting /cgi-bin/formmail.pl and running spam through
> my system. I had set up formmail to only allow specified referrers to be
> able to send mail, but a bug in formmail will allow anyone WITHOUT a
> referrer to send mail!!!!
> It is fixed now, but if you have formmail running on your httpd you
> better close this hole!

This is not very new at all ... I've been seeing exploited formmails being
used to spam for the past few months at least.

Best cure is to find all instances of formmail.pl and just delete them. Use
something better coded - cgiemail for example.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org