Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system

Autor: Pierre A. Humblet
A: dman, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system
At 11:46 AM 1/1/02 -0500, dman wrote:
>design. If your system lacks a complete MTA (eg cygwin) there is
>an incomplete MTA called 'ssmtp' that works well. I've seen (or heard

A precompiled version of exim 3.33 for Cygwin is available on
ftp.uni-erlangen.de in
/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/V1.1

It works on all Windows platforms. Read the README. It is compiled with
perl (I haven't tried it yet), so in addition to the base Cygwin package
you also need the perl port (actually only the dll). I will eventually
give instructions about the minimum Cygwin components that are needed for
Exim.

With Philip's help, I hope that Exim 4 will compile out of the box
on Cygwin.

My motivation for doing was along the lines indicated by dman
- independence from my ISP relay on outgoing mail (it can be very slow).
- better spam filtering on inbound.

Pierre