Re: [Exim] Re: Bloated Content-type header - a known spammer…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Para: Vadim Vygonets
CC: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Bloated Content-type header - a known spammer abuse, or what?
On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Alan J. Flavell on Sun, Dec 30, 2001:
> > This hit: http://handsonhowto.com/pmail102.html looked useful.
> > but appears to be referring specifically to a Received: header with
> > lots of "................." on the end.
>
> It's a regexp, where 'dot' means 'any character', so it matches
> *any* long Received: header.

Thanks for the correction! It's obvious now that you point it out -
I'm sorry to say I got confused by finding in our logs an actual
specimen of Received: header with lots of actual dots on the end.

However, my original observation was of an over-long Content-type
header, and, so far, that still seems to be a new twist, albeit the
general idea of buffer overflow has a long and dishonourable history.

best regards for the New Year.