Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Morten Brix Pedersen
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system
Hi all,

* Morten Brix Pedersen <morten@???> [2001-12-31 16:50:27]:
> My biggest difficulty with Exim has always been to emulate what a
> "normal" mailer does when using an external SMTP server, just taking the
> 'From' address as it is.

Thanks for all your answers to my question, I ended up exploring rewrite
rules to solve my problem, and while learning my exim.conf better, I
found out that Debian has a cool little feature lying in it:

# This rewriting rule is particularly useful for dialup users who
# don't have their own domain, but could be useful for anyone.
# It looks up the real address of all local users in a file

*@kolon    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                                {$value}fail} bcfrF

Which means that I can simply put a 'mbp: morten@???' in
/etc/email-addresses, and now all e-mails from 'mbp' will be rewritten
as 'morten@???'.

    - Morten.