Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C.
To: dman
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim on a single-user system
Keep in mind you should be using an actual MUA to read/send email's, not
exim directly.

Exim is an MTA,m *NOT* an MUA (eg, its not comparable to Outlook Express
or Netscape Communicator, its comparable to eg, MS Exchange Server )..
it is a mailserver itself..

Many (but not all) unix MUA's can be set to use SMTP to a remote host to
send mail, and to use POP or IMAP to read mail from an external mailbox.
With such a setup you would not even need to run any MTA at all on your
single user system.

To the list: Lots of new exim users seem to end up getting confused
about the difference between an MTA and an MUA, and try to use exim as
the latter. A good explanation as to the distinction would be a good
addition to any 'newbie' documentation in existance.