Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem
Quoth hanasaki on Fri, Dec 28, 2001:
> I have exim installed as:
>
> -rwsr-xr-x    1 mail     mail       525804 Dec 27 22:47 /usr/sbin/exim

> and a cron job running exim -q every 15 minutes as the user mail. Run
> as mail, there is an error "exim: permission denied". Run as root there
> is no error. All of the files in /var/spool/exim are mail:mail

What version of Exim? What are the EXIM_UID and EXIM_GID in
Local/Makefile? What are the UID and GID of user and group mail?
What is the 'security' setting in the Exim configuration file?
Do you have any local domains?

In general, Exim is usually installed setuid root, but with the
appropriate 'security' setting it can be different.

>     Spam : def: It's not kosher.

Definitely not (note the TLD, I know what I'm talking about).

Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu,
Vadik.

--
Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so.
        -- Ford Prefect