Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Tabor J. Wells
CC: hanasaki, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim -q "exim: permission denied" problem
On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:12:49AM -0600,
> hanasaki <hanasaki@???> is thought to have said:
>
> > So the Cron should run as root as well?
>
> It could but it shouldn't have to. The uid you used to build exim should be
> able to do a queue run without giving you an error. The question is why does
> exim think that "mail" is not allowed to run the queue? I suspect that when
> you built your exim binary you specified a user other than "mail" as the
> uid exim runs as.

Did you read the manual before posting the original question? If you
look under -q, it says

-q     If the -q option is not followed by a time value, it requests a single
       queue run operation. This option requires the caller to be an admin
       user. However, there is an option called "prod_requires_admin" which
       can be set false to relax this restriction (and also the same
       requirement for the -M, -R, and -S options).

If you don't know what an admin user is, a simple grep for "admin user"
on spec.txt finds this as its first match

5.2 Trusted and admin users