Off-Topic (Abusiveness) Was: Re: [Exim] Re[3]: TLS Problem

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mark Hynes
To: exim-users
古いトピック: Re: [Exim] Re[3]: TLS Problem
題目: Off-Topic (Abusiveness) Was: Re: [Exim] Re[3]: TLS Problem
On Dec 29, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:49:26PM -0500, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > Richard Welty wrote:
> > > the concern, i think, is that the naive will confuse SMTP over TLS with
> > > real security, which it is not. SMTP over TLS cannot be real security
> > You & I know that, but that's hardly an argument for saying "don't use
> > TLS except in very limited circumstances". I'm just not seeing the
>
> I'll answer you and Marc (who is obviously a clueless fuckwit, because he
> explicitly sent me a copy of the reply) in one go.

[snip]

Can I politely ask that you try and contain your random abusiveness, or at
least refrain from it on the list? It's not constructive, doesn't help
anyone and I'm sure I'm not the only person who finds it annoying. That
someone uses their MUA to reply to both the sender and the list does not
make them a "clueless fuckwit" - it is their choice surely? I often do
so myself, and I've seen Philip, Nigel and others do so on the list.

Indeed, the list doesn't set a Reply-To, so many people will have their MUAs
setup in the same was as I do - reply goes to the poster, group reply to
poster and the list. (This post to the list only so as to not incur your
wrath)

Please can we keep things civil?

Just my 2p.

- Mark.