Re: [Exim] Recipe: Exim with SSL using stunnel

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Paul Makepeace
Para: exim-users
Temas antigos: [Exim] Recipe: Exim with SSL using stunnel
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Recipe: Exim with SSL using stunnel
On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 02:03:04AM -0500, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Quickstart: do everything following the # signs as root
>
> This is an FYI to demonstrate how to have exim work with SSL using the
> stunnel wrapper and its underlying OpenSSL libraries and toolkit. It's
> intended as a recipe; there are plenty of explanations about the underlying
> technology (start at http://mike.daewoo.com.pl/computer/stunnel/ ) but little
> up-to-date cookbook info (that I could find) and the manpages left me
> guessing.

[snip]

> Generate Diffie-Hellman parameters:
>
> # openssl gendh -rand /dev/urandom > exim.dh

It was recently pointed out to me that this no longer works -- it seems
openssl gendh is waiting for an EOF. So, this works:

# head -5 /dev/urandom | openssl gendh -rand - > exim.dh

which seems on average to provide about 1K of random data.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/