Re: [Exim] Re: Relaying in Exim 3.12

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: Relaying in Exim 3.12
On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:34:21AM +0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
| +++ Tabor J. Wells [exim-users] <28/12/01 10:36 -0500>:
| > and the current release (3.34). As an aside 3.12 is over 2 yrs and you might
| > want to push your users to upgrade anyway. Especially since there is a
| > potential security problem with that release (and all others through 3.33).

| I have a sneaking suspicion this guy is running it on a Debian box ... Debian
| prefers to stick to old versions and backport any bugfixes rather than keep
| pace with new versions of everything.

This isn't totally true. Debian *stable* sticks with the "old"
version (the version that was current as of the release), but the
latest and greatest version is uploaded to 'unstable' regularly.

$ apt-cache policy exim
exim:
  Installed: 3.33-1
  Candidate: 3.33-1
  Version Table:
 *** 3.33-1 0
        900 http://http.us.debian.org woody/main Packages
         95 http://http.us.debian.org sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.12-10.1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages

Both testing and unstable (woody and sid) have version 3.33 while
stable (potato) has 3.12. It's up to the admin whether they stick
with "stable" or whether they follow "testing" or "unstable".

-D

--

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.