[Exim] Re: TLS Problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: TLS Problem
+++ Matthew Byng-Maddick [exim-users] <28/12/01 02:22 +0000>:
> > Simpler to specifically exempt those which do offer STARTTLS but
> > implement it brokenly, as exim does now.
> Well, so you're going to compile an exemption list which includes every
> exim compiled with TLS? This is a fantastic idea, I don't know why I

Grr. You seem to have misparsed what I said.

1. If an MTA advertises starttls, exim sends to it over TLS by default

2. If the other MTA has a broken implementation (bad certificates etc) then
Exim will freeze the message locally ... in which case you specifically tell
Exim _not_ to use starttls for that particular host.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org