Re: [Exim] exim & intetd

Author: endre
To: Kevin Sindhu
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim & intetd

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Kevin Sindhu wrote:

> Hah! Trust inetd. Never!!! :P

Ok. Don't think of inetd as the well-known 'inetd' daemon, but any
program with similar functionality.

> Its trivial to crash inetd because of its design. As for xinetd. don't
> tell anyone but there is a private exploit on the internet to which
> the current xinetd is vulnerable....unlike any for exim. ;->

Read the word 'private' again. There may as well be such private exploit
against exim that you don't know about.

Look at qmail, it's tcpd is an inetd-like program. I don't like qmail
but it's known to be secure, so I dare mention the words 'inetd' and
'security' in the same sentence.

-m-