Re: [Exim] filter can't write to logfile

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] filter can't write to logfile
On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:29:00PM -0500, dman wrote:
| On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:28:21PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
| | On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, dman wrote:
| |
| | >     2001-12-22 22:25:54 16HzGs-0001Mj-00 == dsh8290@exim_qualified_domain
| | >         D=userforward defer (-11): error in filter file:
| | >             logwrite command not permitted when filter not running as user
| |
| | For security, Exim allows logwrite only when it knows it has changed uid
| | to be the local user.

| Ok, that makes sense.

| | > With this message, exim is run from procmail which is run through my
| | > .forward file by sendmail.
| |
| | ... which is a hacked-up environment for which Exim was not designed.

| :-). I could probably hack it up some more to disable that check in
| exim :-).

For others who may want a similar setup to mine[1] :

On line 1731 of src/filter.c add the following

    log_access = 0 ;

(Philip: thanks for those comments in the source!)

<grin>

-D

[1] my setup is explained in greater detail in the archives,
    it's not a "normal" setup

--

If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His
Word has no place in our lives.