Re: [Exim] Filtering: piping

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Ingvarr Zhmakin
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Filtering: piping
On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Ingvarr Zhmakin wrote:

> What is the simplest way to pipe the message through some process
> while filtering?
> I mean I'd like to pipe it and deal with the result like procmail
> does.

In Exim 3, you can't, unless you use embedded Perl.

> Currently I see two ways -- using procmail or refeeding the process
> output back to exim. Both are clamsy. Maybe internal some mechanisms
> may be applied?

Procmail provides different facilities to an Exim user filter. Each has
its uses. Use whichever does the job you want done.

Exim 4 contains a new expansion option ${run which runs an external
process. If you permit that to be used in a filter, it could do this
job.