Re: [Exim] LDAP lookups

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Joseph Kezar
Para: Ingvarr Zhmakin
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] LDAP lookups
Our Exim verifies all user accounts via LDAP.
This is more of a system problem not an Exim problem.  When you get into
LDAP aliasing than it kinda moves into the Exim light(being able to write
an LDAP director).
To test you systems local users you can run:
'id userid'
And if your system doesn't have that user in /etc/passwd yet he/she resides
in LDAP than you have it configured properly.
I found nscd.conf to be unneccasary to edit.
/etc/ldap.conf and /etc/nsswitch.conf are the two major players here.
nsswitch should have something like:
passwd:     files ldap [NOTFOUND=return] nisplus nis
shadow:     files [NOTFOUND=return]  nisplus nis
group:      files ldap [NOTFOUND=return]  nisplus nis

and of course ldap.conf is telling your system were it can find LDAP and
what the root DN is.
And who to bind as.