[Exim] Re: Incomming SMTP failure

Página Inicial
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Incomming SMTP failure
+++ Pravinkumar_Shivakumar [exim-users] <26/12/01 20:23 +0530>:
> I've got a problem in IIS SMTP service/Exim mail server.
> The problem is as follows.

Man, if you had to post on exim-users, why mail me offlist as well?

> A new file is created with ".rtr" extn. It says the following.
> Connection to "Mail Server Hostname" with IP address "a.b.c.d" failed from "
> IIS Hostname"
> I'm able to ping the mailserver from IIS server. The mail server is EXIM
> mailing system running on UNIX.

Can you telnet to port 25 of the exim box from your IIS box? Not likely. So
check whether there's some firewall or routing issue blocking port 25. Then
check whether exim is indeed started and running on that unix box.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org