Re: [Exim] Sending to another local port

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Phil Pennock
To: Georg von Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users, gvz
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Sending to another local port
--
On 2001-12-25 at 23:10 +0100, Georg von Zezschwitz wrote:
> I got a problem with Exim 3.33, where I suspect a too strong
> restriction.
>
> What I want to do, is having a small local Java socket listener
> that handles some mails. It understands SMTP and should receive
> some mails, being sent to localhost:2525.
>
> However, I'd still like to have Exim listening on localhost:25

> remote host address is the local host: localcc.org (while routing <gvz@???>)
> route2525 router: error for localcc.org
> message: remote host address is the local host
> gvz@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
> remote host address is the local host
> search_tidyup called
>

> Any chance to get this running, or is this impossible with
> Exim without giving up the localhost:25 listener?

Go to <http://www.exim.org/>; in the top-left frame, select
"Mailing Lists about exim"

In the search box, enter: local host port
which seems to be a fair guess for a short form; it covers that it's the
local host, and the existence of the term 'port', which matches cases
where there's something on a non-standard port.

Lo and behold, first match, someone wanting to do the same thing, back
in 1997, with a program listening on port 800. And by clicking on "Next
message", you get an answer, which might even help you here.
--
Insurance (n.): Incriminating photos, letters etc.