著者: dman
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] filter can't write to logfile
I have exim as my system mailer on my debian box at home. It is suid
root and works fine. On the school system (where I'm not an admin) I
get the following error message if I include any "logwrite" commands
in my filter file :

    2001-12-22 22:25:54 16HzGs-0001Mj-00 == dsh8290@exim_qualified_domain
        D=userforward defer (-11): error in filter file:
            logwrite command not permitted when filter not running as user

With this message, exim is run from procmail which is run through my
.forward file by sendmail. I set "exim_qualified_domain" as the
domain for exim to add to addresses if they are unqualified (since it
isn't the system MTA, just my filter too :-)).

If I run exim with "-bf" and put a message on stdin it shows the
logwrite command succeeding.

I tried making exim suid me (thus it must be run as me, right?) but I
still get the error message in the log. Any suggestions on what I
must do to allow logging in my filter?

Another not related question, can I use exim to add a Lines: header
(if it is not already there) like procmail is doing now?

TIA,
-D

--

"Don't use C; In my opinion, C is a library programming language
not an app programming language." - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)