[Exim] Indexing the FAQ

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Indexing the FAQ
The Exim FAQ has got quite big. It is therefore harder to find things in
it. Grepping the .txt version seems to have gone out of fashion as
people rely more and more on browsers.

As an experiment, I have upgraded the scripts I use to build the HTML
version of the Exim 4 FAQ to add a "keyword-in-context" index
automatically. I would like people to take a look at this, and see
whether they think it is a helpful addition. Browsers don't always
display it beautifully, but I think it is usable.

You can download this version of the Exim 4 FAQ from

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/FAQ-html.tar.{gz,bz2}

It unpacks into a directory called FAQ-html, and the place to start at
is FAQ-html/FAQ.html. Follow the "keyword-in-context" link that appears
just after the list of sections.

The index is built automatically from the FAQ questions, but the script
does have a list of words to omit. These are obviously unsuitable words
like "is" and "which", and also a few such as "email" which are far too
general to be useful.

Comments invited.

Best wishes for the Festive Season to all our readers.

Philip