[Exim] Problems with TLS certificates (was SMTP AUTH and mai…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Héctor Garcia Peris
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Problems with TLS certificates (was SMTP AUTH and mail clients again)
At 13:14 21/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
>At 14:13 20/12/01 +0100, you wrote:
>

>I'm trying to find the problem, but I can't. I'm looking using tcpdump the
>packets in the communication between a mail client and the mail server,
>but I don't understand the meaning of the lines I get. Can anybody tell me
>what they mean, those for example?

<SNIP>

I have solved, partially, the problems with mail clients. Thanks to SWS
because he has opened my eyes. In my configuration file I put this line:

tls_hosts = *

and noy every mail readers must use tls authentication.

But, now here is my new problem. I have created the certificate and private
key file with the following line:

# openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout privatekey -out certificate
-days 9999 -nodes

and when I establish the comunication with the server:

1- In netscape 4.7, says that the certificate has expired, but it creates
another one and works.

2- In eudora 5.1, I have the following error:

SSL Negotiation Failed: Unknown certificate chain validation error:
Code(-6985) But ignoring this error because Certificate is trusted
Certificate bad: Destination Host name does not match host name in
certificate One certificae in the server cert chain has Expired    Cause:
(-6985)

3- In outlook express 5, I have the following error:

530 Use of TLS Required

Well, where is the problem?

Thanks.

Héctor Garcia Peris
Dpto. Informática
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas S.A. (Ivie)
C/ Guardia Civil, 22 esc-2 1º 46020 - Valencia (Spain)
Tfno.: +34 - 963190050 / +34 - 963930816
Fax.: +34 - 963190055 / +34 - 963930856
e-mail: hector.garcia@???