Re: [Exim] strange errors with permissions

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Para: Ingvarr Zhmakin
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] strange errors with permissions
On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Ingvarr Zhmakin wrote:

> Bullshit!!! Someone made these files root-owned. Who, I wonder.

> But where have they appeared from?...
> Maybe it helps: at about November 8 the distribution (most likely) was
> Debian popato, so exim version was about 3.12.

i _suspect_ (and this is really only a wild guess, but i've seen this
also) that it might be when the very first message is a locally
originated one (and maybe "and by root"). i can't prove this (have
never tried to look deeper at the problem); when it occurs, i wipe
them out, and do some sending either as non-root or through a tcp
connection to exim. it happens pretty rarely, so it did not upset me
enough to investigate further :)

--
[-]