[Exim] Exim in a malloc() loop?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mark Morley
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim in a malloc() loop?
Over the last month I've noticed several occasions where an Exim queue
runner process will get stuck on a message and start allocating memory
until it finally dies with the following error:

   2001-12-20 16:39:02 16HC3r-000Jal-00 failed to malloc 33008 bytes of
                       memory: called from line 136 of store.c

The machine has half a gig of RAM, which under normal circumstances
is mostly unused, until one of these problem messages comes along.

The messages themselves are from various senders, but they are all (so
far) destined for local users. The only thing they seem to have in
common is a large number of "Apparently-To:" headers. This latest
one had over 1,600 of them. Other than that, the messages appear
normal and are not very big at all.

I see this maybe once or twice a week. The server processes another
500,000 to 750,000 messages a week without any issues at all.

I was running Exim 3.33 but upgraded to 3.34 the other day.

Any thoughts?

Mark