[Exim] SMTP AUTH

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Cameron
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: [Exim] SMTP AUTH
I've been going nuts trying to figure out how to setup smtp auth, I've
gone through the mailing list archives, attempting to find either someone
else's working implemention of smtp auth (none have worked thus far) or
for the location of useful docs.

The only docs I've found on exim.org are rather terse and only reference
the subject, rather than explain it. Maybe I'm not finding the correct
docs?

Anyway, if someone can point me to docs explaining the process of setting
up smtp auth, or even better, if someone could send me maybe their entire
config file, that has a working smtp auth implemention, I'd be very
grateful. Having both would be the best of course.

I've got it working to the point that the mail client I use (usually
evolution) sees that the smtp server wants password authenication and it
prompts me for a password, but regardless of what I put, it doesn't work,
the exim logs simply give me a 535 error, authentication failed.

For what it's worth, I'm using debian testing, with exim-3.32.

Note: I've gone through google already, haven't found what I was looking
for.

This is what I have in my config file for smtp auth currently:

plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
server_condition = "${if crypteq{$2}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim/passwd}{$value}{*:*}}}}}{1}{0}}"
server_set_id = $1

Then in my passwd file all I have is:
hiryu:crypted-pass-I-made-with-mkpasswd

Thanks!!