Re: [Exim] strange errors with permissions

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Derek Broughton
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] strange errors with permissions
Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Ingvarr Zhmakin wrote:
>

>>Good day.
>>
>>Everything is working fine, no problems are observed.
>>But. The log contains lines like this:
>>===
>><date> <msgid> failed to open database lock file /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile: Permission denied (euid=8 egid=8)
>>===
>>
>>Debian Linux, Exim-3.33 (from exim-tls-3.33 sid package).
>>
>>What's going on?
>>

> Is this error repeatable? Does it show many times for the same message?
> For different messages? What are the permissions on
>
> /var
> /var/spool
> /var/spool/exim
> /var/spool/exim/db
> /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile
>
> ? From what you said, I presume that the message does get successfully
> delivered.
>
> I have once or twice seen something similar when testing Exim, but I can
> never make it repeat.

I get this whenever (I think) I run "exim -qff". For some reason I have
never attempted to investigate fully, I usually have 1 or 2 bounces
frozen in there. I'll be happy to post the complete details the next
time it happens if you'd like. I'm running a dial up system with
fetchmail to download and exim posts back to a smarthost. The bounces
invariably came back from the smarthost.

derek