Re: [Exim] GDBM

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Gabor Z. Papp
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] GDBM
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Gabor Z. Papp wrote:

> Seems there is still dependency on another DB version:
>
> gcc -c -O -I/usr/include exim_dbmbuild.c
> In file included from dbstuff.h:101,
>                  from exim.h:316,
>                  from exim_dbmbuild.c:30:
> /usr/include/db.h:634: parse error before `60'
> make[1]: *** [exim_dbmbuild] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gzp/src/exim-3.952/build-Linux-i386'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

> Installed db.h is from sleepycat version 4.1.3.

You haven't got USE_DB=YES as well have you? If so, that's the problem.
I should probably diagnose that bad combination.

> Also DBMLIB could be as comment/example in 'src/EDITME'.

On most operating systems these days, the DBM stuff works OK
automatically, so I decided not to clutter up EDITME with too much
comment about this. I just left in a reference to the doc/dbm.discuss
document.

> For me its also OK when you fix the compatibility with
> bloating sleepycat 4.1.x :-P

That's on the WishList. Won't get done for a while.

Have you looked at tdb?