[Exim] Nics and Interfaces Option

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Aly S.P Dharshi
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Nics and Interfaces Option
Hi All Exim Gurus,

    I have a really simple question, we have a server running RH Linux 7.2 and Exim 3.33 successfully, the machine is a Dell server with 2 Intel Ethernet Express Pro's 10/100, anyways, I would like to use both the interfaces.

    I take it then from reading the manual that I can do the following

    - create /usr/local/exim/eth0 and /usr/local/exim/eth1 containing 2 different sets of Exim binaries
    - use the interfaces directive with the ip address of each Nic seperately in seperate configure files in each directory
    - use different anti-spam measures built into Exim for both Nics
    - other misc stuff as though these were 2 machines with 2 seperate Nics

    Would I be correct in saying this ? Any pitfalls to know about ?

    Thank you and Cheers,

            Aly.