Re: [Exim] Exim and IBM DB2

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Theo Schlossnagle, Exim Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim and IBM DB2
On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 10:51, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Exim 4 already has the option for including the source code for a
> function called local_scan() - which is called to scan messages as they
> arrive. Naturally, you can write C code for this function which does
> whatever you like. It occurs to me that, from my point of view as an
> implementor, this is a better approach, because it does not force any
> one implementation on people. The C code can do the job, call embedded
> Perl, make use of a dynamically loaded library, or use dlopen() if it
> wants to. That means the responsibility for choosing between these
> methods (on security or other grounds) is yours, not mine. :-)

Have you looked at the sendmail milter interface at all?
[I haven't enough to comment on it]. If milter is not horribly sendmail
biased, it might be an interesting interface to provide for those that
do want to do message scanning, since a number of external programs
accessing via milter have been implemented now.

    Nigel.