Re: [Exim] Exim and IBM DB2

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Theo Schlossnagle
Kopio: Exim Users Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim and IBM DB2
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

> As a thought: the "loadable module" system could have both static and
> dynamic options. Apache (and others) have the ability to compile said
> modules in during compile time. This might be a nice feature for
> individuals who have dlopenphobia.

Exim 4 already has the option for including the source code for a
function called local_scan() - which is called to scan messages as they
arrive. Naturally, you can write C code for this function which does
whatever you like. It occurs to me that, from my point of view as an
implementor, this is a better approach, because it does not force any
one implementation on people. The C code can do the job, call embedded
Perl, make use of a dynamically loaded library, or use dlopen() if it
wants to. That means the responsibility for choosing between these
methods (on security or other grounds) is yours, not mine. :-)