Re: [Exim] exim router rights

Top Pagina
Auteur: Funk Gabor
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] exim router rights
>>You must be using an older version of Exim. "fail_soft" has been
>>deprecated in favour of "pass" for some time.

Yes. It is (still) 3.12. I tried pass (I've read the 3.33 readme) but it
was not good for the ye olde 3.12. (I'll upgrade sometimes)

>>Did you try self=fail?

Not yet. I went for directors, see below.

>>That can all be handled with directors, as far as I can see.

Since I'm looking for the *best* solution, I'm open to any suggestion.

>>I don't understand why you are using routers.

I might be *ahead* (eg: >>"There are only "routers" in Exim 4.") :-)

>>Presumably all these addresses are in some specific domains, so if
>>you put those domains in local_domains, the addresses will be handled
>>by directors and you can do the tests you want.

Yes. After a bit of playing, I changed the router to director.
Now I have this:

cs_pop3_user_director:
driver = smartuser
transport = cs_pop3_user_transport
require_files = pop : /var/qmail/popboxes/${lc:${extract{1}{.}{$domain}}-${extract{2}{.}{$domain}}/$local_part}

Question: How can I set "local domains" to be the ones in a specified
directory in a specified format? I'm lazy - or should I say: clever - so
I don't like to have another file with these redundant information.
(If the directory exists, then it is local, if not then go to routers)
[This way if I delete the domain/maildir or domain/userx/maildir
then mail functions would automatically cease to exist for that
specified domain or the selected user of a domain without the
need of changing any other file, etc.]

The directories are in "qmail format" [eg "-" instead of "."] such as:
/var/qmail/popboxes/domain1-com
/var/qmail/popboxes/domain2-org

Any idea on this?

Thanks, Gabor