Re: [Exim] exim logging to stderr and not logfiles when run …

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Enrico Zini
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exim logging to stderr and not logfiles when run with -C
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I could run those exims with stderr redirected to a log file, but I feel
> like there should be a better solution and that that output going to
> stderr is the effect os some small misconfiguration on my part.
>
> The lines in output are usually like (private informations censored):
> 2001-12-17 12:25:07 exim user (uid=33) is defined only at runtime; privilege lost for -C
> 2001-12-17 12:25:08 => XXXX@??? R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=relay.sermetra.it [NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN]*
> 2001-12-17 12:25:08 Completed

The comment in the source that immediately precedes that log line is:

/* If we have removed the setuid privilege because of -C or -D, and it turns
out we were running as the exim user defined in the configuration file, log
an error, because this doesn't work. The exim user has to be built into the
binary for -C/-D to retain privilege. */

I deduce that you did not build Exim with EXIM_UID defined, but you have
set exim_user in the run time configuration. Try rebuilding Exim with
EXIM_UID defined.

(The point being that, if the exim user calls Exim with -C or -D, it is
supposed to retain the root privilege. It can't do this if it doesn't
know who the Exim user is before reading the run time configuration
file.)