Re: [Exim] exim router rights

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Funk Gabor
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim router rights
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Funk Gabor wrote:

> Thanks Philip, finally I stopped being a chicken and inserted a
> "self = fail_soft" line into "lookuphost" router. Now it is not freezing,
> buy the mail the sender receives contains the error message:
>
> "lowest numbered MX record points to local host"
>
> I'd rather like this to be "Unknown recipient" or alike.

You must be using an older version of Exim. "fail_soft" has been
deprecated in favour of "pass" for some time.

Did you try self=fail?

> For the big picture, I'd like to do the following:
> - local user - based on a "local" file. That's ok.
> - "pop3" user or group - based on existence of a directory,
> preferably an aliasresolving first, such as info, root should
> "change" to userX or something, and then existing local parts
> to /domain/$local_part/Maildir if exists, and others to
> /domain/--group--/Maildir if "--group--" (or other won't-be-used
> name for the directory) if exits. This is also ok
> - And then - for incoming message - if no luck, then bounce
> with "unknown recipient" or something like this.

That can all be handled with directors, as far as I can see. I don't
understand why you are using routers. Presumably all these addresses are
in some specific domains, so if you put those domains in local_domains,
the addresses will be handled by directors and you can do the tests you
want.

Actually, this kind of thing is more easily done in Exim 4, where the
difference between directors and routers has been abolished. There are
only "routers" in Exim 4.