Re: [Exim] Exim and IBM DB2

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Theo Schlossnagle
To: Philip Hazel
CC: J. Phul, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim and IBM DB2
On Friday, December 14, 2001, at 05:34 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, J. Phul wrote:
>> Just got exim up and running. Now I'm looking to put most of my config
>> files
>> into a db. I noticed that PGSQL amdn mySQL are supported... any ideas
>> if
>> IBMs DB2 is supported by Exim. If so, any ideas where I can find some
>> docs
>> or How To's. Looked all over and couldn't find any info.
>
> DB2 is not supported by Exim. Exim 4 (currently in alpha) now has
> support for Oracle, because somebody sent me the code for doing that.
>
> I don't really like including code that I can't test in the primary
> source tree (fortunately, I was able to do some primitive tests on
> an Oracle on a system we have here). However, given that DB2 code would
> be entirely self-contained, I guess I'd be prepared to include it if
> somebody contributed it.

There is a strong argument for supporting dynamically loadable modules.
You wouldn't have to "include" it at all, nor would you get annoying
emails about "add this feature" or "why doesn't it work on PDQ version
XYZ. They can take there beef to the module maintainer.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/82844984/95FD 30F1 489E 4613 F22E 491A 7E88 364C 8284 4984