Re: [Exim] Die Reverse Lookups Die

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Will Morton
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Die Reverse Lookups Die
On 14 Dec 2001, Will Morton wrote:

>    So I was wondering, is there an option along the lines of
> 'no_reverse_lookups_ever_ever_ever = true' that can be configured? A
> compile-time option is fine, if necessary.

There is no runtime option to disable this in Exim 3.

The compile-time option is to delete lines 2051 to 2054 in the source
file src/smtp_in.c. :-) (Exim 3.33 release.)

In Exim 4, there is a domain list called helo_lookup_domains which lists
those domains which, if encountered in a HELO or EHLO line, cause a
reverse lookup. The default setting is "@ : @[]" which mimics the Exim 3
behaviour.

It's nice to have anticipated a requirement. :-)