Re: [Exim] Setting maildir with Exim under Linux

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Funk Gabor
Para: Wahib Nackad, exim-users.exim.org, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Setting maildir with Exim under Linux
>>Users do not have local shell accounts.
Good. Ours neither.

>>Also do you know some POP3 program that can work with Maildir format??
>>I tried to use Qpopper but it seem to not support Maildir. Any idea on some
>>good POP3 program??

I guess 4.0 (LX) supports Maildir. By the time I was scratching my system,
I tried qpopper, courier, and the qmailpop3d from qmail. I can't remember
what was my problem with qpopper, possibly the lack of Maildir support,
but 2.53 and older 3.x also had security problems. 4.0 was non-free by
that time. So qmailpop3d won. Probably I could manage it with qmail
alone but I don't have time and willing to screw around. So, now I use
exim for smtp and qmail pop3d for pop3 access. I have virtual domains,
as well as virtual users, no local shell accounts, check against passwd
like file. It still needs to be tuned, but it works in general.

G.