[Exim] Re: locakhost headers

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: locakhost headers
+++ Gary Peltola [exim-users] <12/12/01 14:30 -0900>:
> Currently when a local host sends an email from our network (running exim
> 1.33) the headers are more or less empty with basic information
> How would i go about adding the following (and changing) the following
> 1. add maybe the script or file that is using exim (IE: Script Name :
> formmail.pl

That's your problem. They need not even be your customers. Matt Wright's
formmail.pl is a totally insecure piece of junk (and horribly coded, to boot)

The way to go would be to

1. Patch formmail.pl to the latest (v 1.9 I think) - and also log the IP and
connecting browser etc (using the standard apache parameters - as documented
in the formmail faq) in each post.

or better still -

2. Get rid of formmail and use something more secure - say cgiemail

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org