[Exim] SMTP Auth ... again :-(

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brian C. Doyle
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] SMTP Auth ... again :-(
Hello all,

I am working to get SMTP Auth work and have a few questions.

Am I able to allow auth for other domains. IE if I want to send an email
through my server via a different domain can I do this??

here is what I have in the configure file for auth

ixed_plain:
   driver = plaintext
   public_name = PLAIN
   server_condition = \
     ${if and {{eq{$2}{userid}}{eq{$3}{cleartxpw}}}{yes}{no}}
   server_set_id = $2

fixed_login:
   driver = plaintext
   public_name = LOGIN
   server_prompts = User Name : Password
   server_condition = \
     ${if and {{eq{$1}{userid}}{eq{$2}{cleartxpw}}}{yes}{no}}
   server_set_id = $1

I do understand that I may not need both.

When I telnet into my local server on port 25 I can auth in with an encoded
password and all seems fine.

When I access it via Eudora I get:
535 Incorrect authentication data

In Eudora it never prompts me for a password when sending mail :-\