Re: [Exim] dns cache?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brad Lilly
Betreff: Re: [Exim] dns cache?
At 04:29 PM 12-12-01 +0100, Tom Fischer wrote:

>Hi,
>
> >> what is exim using for domain lookups? does exim cache it?

AFAIK exim like any other program uses the dns resolver

> >>I've placed a new machine in my network but forgot to make changes in the
> >>zone files, so exim can't do a lookup on this machine and replied relaying
> >>denied. That's ok, was my mistake. After changing the zonefiles and
> tested it
> >>i tried again to send a mail but exim said that it can't lookup the
> hostname

I have had this problem due to order of host_accept_relay options.

From FAQ 0030 The solution is to put all explicit IP addresses first in
the list.

The default eximconf comes with localhost as your first option. So it
doesn't get to relay any ips if your still have this in place.

host_accept relay should be: 127.0.0.1: 192.168.25.0/24: then hostnames you
want to relay for.

Hope this is right..... Its my first post after being on the list for 2 years!