[Exim] Re: Mailing List Help!!!

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
+++ Jon Kyme [exim-users] <11/12/01 09:51 +0000>:
> Arggh - now I'm following-up myself
> >>Also I read that if you have a large list to use a thirdparty client ex
> >>             MajorDomo.  What are the limitations for using exim
> >>             as a list server???
> >We're trying bulk_mailer
> One Steven Champeon <..........> posted to xml-dev@???
> >You will likely need to edit the source to remove the version and name
> >                     identifier from bulk_mailer.c, c. line 960, as many
> >                     folks filter on the
> >                     version header thinking it to be a sure sign of spam

Not very likely - a much more likely reason is when y'all start delivering
repeatedly to dead addresses time and again, without understanding what a 550
means, likely deleting mailer-daemon bounce notifications.

Make your list truly opt-in and I guess you'll have a bit more efficiency
there ...

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org