Re: [Exim] Mailing List Help!!!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Brian C. Doyle
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mailing List Help!!!
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:16:12PM -0500, Brian C. Doyle wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know that there is work being done for the next version of Exim for allow
> the changing of the reply address and was wondering :

You *really* don't want to do that:
http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.html

> Is is possible to modify the subject line so that you can put [Listname] in
> it or will that be added in the future?

You might be able to play tricks and do that, but if you're trying that, you
want a full fledged mailing list server.

> Also I read that if you have a large list to use a thirdparty client ex
> MajorDomo. What are the limitations for using exim as a list server???

Actually the limitations will be by using majordomo as the list manager.
You probably want to install mailman instead: http://mailman.sf.net/

(or for real VERP support, ezmlm and qmail is still the best couple, but if
you don't know what VERP is, you probably don't need that)

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key